About the Blue Notes
The Blue Notes began in 2012 as an offshoot of the Montgomery Village Concert Band. Most of the original Blue Notes musicians were therefore drawn from the concert band.
As the years progressed many other musicians with jazz and big band experience were drawn to the Blue Notes. The band subsequently became a regular presence at numerous Montgomery Village events, generating a loyal following. Additional performances at other community venues quickly added to the number of bookings each year. Recent schedules have included bookings at senior living facilities, retirement homes and church events. For the coming season, the following schedule of performances are planned:
- November – Big Band Night at Poolesville Church
- December – Annual Holiday Concert in Montgomery Village
- March – Annual performance at Fox Hills Senior residences (Bethesda)
- May – Farmers Market at Lutheran Church in Montgomery Village
- June – Art in the Park performance at Bowie Pavilion
Please contact the band President, George Toth, by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or text (240-751-2270) for further information.